1. The best way to remove excessive earwax or annoying water from swimming is to put some hydrogen peroxide or alcohol on a cotton swab tilt your head to one side and drip it into your ear. It may fizz as it dissolves earwax or brings the water to the surface. After about 25 sec drain your ear onto a washcloth, repeat up to 3 times.
2. Remember B.R.A.T. for diarrhea Stands for Banana, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast (with white bread). Eat these things to help get rid of diarrhea.
3. Give children who are teething a frozen bagel, carrot sticks or otter pops. They act as chew toys and numb the gums.
4. For earaches apply heat. I like to have my kids lay on a hot pad.
5. Black licorice, high fiber foods and lots of water will cure constipation.
6. The chemical reaction between baking soda and vinegar creates a cooling effect that will soothe burns. Next time someone gets burned mix equal amounts of both ingredients and apply to burned area.
7. For sore throats sip this mix: heat up 1-cup water, add 1-Tbsp lemon juice, and 1 &1/2-Tbsp. honey.
8. Gargle with warm salt water to help relieve sore throat pain or mouth sores.
9. Put mud or baking soda mixed with water over bee stings to remove the sting.
10. The best way to get ride of dry chapped lips is to rehydrate yourself! Just drink lots of water. Chapstick can help too but often times is dries the lips out more.